Monday, February 4, 2013

Some Shooting

I went out to test fire my Interordnance STG2000 yesterday. I bought it a few years ago but, for some reason, never got around to test firing it. I was a little concerned because the front sight was set quite far to the right so I thought I might have some sight cant.

It was a lot colder than I was expecting and the wind was rather brisk. To top it off, the ground was still somewhat muddy so I didn’t want to shoot from prone. So, this was just a quick test fire and zero check.

It was hitting a bit low and quite far to the left- which is a good thing. By centering the front sight, it should bring the groups on paper and, maybe, my front sight isn’t canted after all.

When the weather gets better I’ll set up the bench and do a proper sight-in. The rifle did function with the various magazines I got for it.

I also shot my Ruger Single Six and got a two inch group at 25 meters from the standing position.

Ken came along and got to test fire a couple of firearms. I felt a little bad that the weather and terrain wasn’t more cooperative but next time we’ll spend some more time and bring the bench, spotting scope, rangefinder, rest and bags, target stands. . . gee whiz, that’s a lotta stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment